[Libguestfs] virt-sparsify & TMPDIR

Evaggelos Balaskas ebalaskas at ebalaskas.gr
Thu Jan 31 21:12:54 UTC 2013

I use my "custom" TMPDIR variable with virt-sparsify.

I just type:

export -p TMPDIR=/mnt/vm/tmpdir

I do that for a couple reasons:
either my /tmp is on a ramdisk or /tmp is on my (ssd) rootfs and i
dont want to "full" my / with the temporally files.

Thats said, i was thinking to "ask" OR sending a patch for adding a
tmpdir OPTION for virt-sparsify
like

virt-sparsify -t /mnt/vm/tmpdir f18.qcow2 f18.qcow2.spars

before contribute .... i was eager to ask for your thoughts.

Do you believe this would be useful or too much trouble for nothing ?
Do you believe that we could use a TMPDIR option for liguestfs in general ?

Thank you

--
Evaggelos Balaskas - Unix System Engineer
http://gr.linkedin.com/in/evaggelosbalaskas