[Libguestfs] Auditing a vm image - virt-diff - was: Read MBR and store in a file?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Mon Nov 25 22:20:07 UTC 2013

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your suggestions. Fiwalk seems great. I couldn't test it
yet, since the version in Debian does not support ext4 yet and because
upstream does not sign their images. (And suggesting to use lots of code
only verified by github https seems to open up a bigger hole than I am
trying to close.) I would be curious if it produces deterministic
results (i.e. when running on the same image, always producing the very
same report and when running on a marginally different image, be in
roughly the same order with only marginal changes.). I will keep an eye
on Fiwalk. The one or the other issue my resolve itself at some point.

Cheers,
adrelanos

Alex Nelson: