[Libguestfs] Status of virt-v2v?

Mike Latimer mlatimer at suse.com
Tue Sep 3 23:10:20 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 07:52:08 PM Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Even better, there is a repo: https://github.com/mdbooth/guestconv

Excellent. Thanks for the pointer.

> Matt - can you push your latest commits, or is there a more canonical
> repo that Mike can look at?

The last changes in the repo seem to be from back in June. Is guestconv
expected to completely replace virt-v2v in RHEL7?

> > I've got a couple of patches against the current code base, and am
> > wondering if they will still be considered for inclusion.
>
> Yes, for virt-v2v (or guestconv if you want too).  Post patches on
> this mailing list.

Great. I've got some code which adds support for openSUSE/SLES into virt-v2v
(based on the RedHat.pm converter). Along the way, I ran into a couple of
small issues which affect RHEL as well. I'll post those changes here for
review, and possibly begin a discussion surrounding the SUSE side of things.

Thanks,
Mike