[Libguestfs] issue when building/making package from git

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 12:27:22 UTC 2014

A couple of problems here.

Your perl binary segfaults:

> checking for Sys::Virt... ./configure: line 59541: 30146 Segmentation
> fault      $PERL -M$pm -e1 1>&5 2>&1
> no

---

supermin looks good ...

> supermin: writing supermin.d.xmx7q6hl/packages
> supermin: after resolving dependencies there are 99 packages:

... until you get to here and then everything goes wrong:

> :: Synchronizing package databases...
> error: failed to update core (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update extra (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update community (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update multilib (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to synchronize any databases
> error: failed to init transaction (unable to lock database)
> error: could not lock database: Permission denied

So this is the primary problem you need to fix.

I suspect that you could fix this by running the following command as
before the build:

  sudo pacman -Sy

This is (sort of) a bug, but IIRC pacman just doesn't let us have a
local per-user copy of the package database so there's not much we can
do about it in supermin.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW