[Libguestfs] issue when building/making package from git

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 13:43:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:53:09PM +0200, arnaud gaboury wrote:

> > I suspect that you could fix this by running the following command as
> > before the build:
> >
> >   sudo pacman -Sy
>
> I always sue -Syu to install packages, and I already
> installed/reinstalled some packages today.
>
> Now one thing comes to my mind : lots of pacman stuff are NOT in the usal place.
>
> $ cat /etc/pacman.conf
> -----------------------------------
> [options]
> # The following paths are commented out with their default values listed.
> # If you wish to use different paths, uncomment and update the paths.
> #RootDir     = /
> DBPath       = /var/lib/pacman
> CacheDir     = /drawer/pacman/pkg
> #CacheDir     = /var/cache/pacman/pkg
> #LogFile     = /var/log/pacman.log
> #GPGDir      = /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/
> HoldPkg      = pacman glibc
> #XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -C - -f %u > %o
> #XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u
> #CleanMethod = KeepInstalled
> #UseDelta    = 0.7
> Architecture = auto
>
> Could this unusual dir be the cause of this issue ??

I don't think so.

Are you using supermin 5; and a recent version of supermin 5?

Try checking out the supermin upstream repo, compiling it, and running
the tests.  They should all run successfully.

  git clone https://github.com/libguestfs/supermin
  cd supermin
  ./bootstrap
  ./autogen.sh
  make
  make check

If the tests *don't* run successfully, then you've most likely found a
bug in supermin.  That has to be fixed before continuing.

You can tell libguestfs to use the version of supermin that you
compiled instead of whatever is installed by setting:

  export SUPERMIN=/path/to/supermin/src/supermin

and rerun libguestfs configure/make.

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#how-can-i-compile-and-install-libguestfs-if-my-distro-doesnt-have-new-enough-qemu-supermin-kernel

Rich.