[Libguestfs] Using virt-sysprep and virt-customize with LXC containers: is it possible?

Daniel Miranda danielkza2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:11:02 UTC 2014

I'm setting up a system to run LXC containers with ZFS on Linux (Ubuntu
14.04). I intend to set up a base image which I'd like to clone to create
other containers from. virt-sysprep and virt-customize seem ideal for the
task: I obviously could mount and work with the rootfs from each container
directly, but the libguestfs tools have a bunch of pre-existing recipes
that would surely be much better than what I'd come up with on my own.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any way to tell the tools to work
directly on an already mounted directory (from a ZFS subvolume) instead of
a disk image.

Am I missing something or is this currently not possible?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Miranda