[Libguestfs] libguest-test-tool error report

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 20:33:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 08:20:11PM +0000, Mark Husted (hustedm) wrote:
> Hello Rich,
>
> I am not sure if KVM ever ran.  I put VirtualBox in it because I
> have never done virtualization before and found some instructions
> for VB.  That said, I might have naively shut something off because
> I didn't know any better.  No VB was not running at the time.  I
> thought of that and turned it off.  Though, I bet the services are
> still up.
>
> What is the standard kvm service?  I could check to see if it is
> running properly. And we could go from there.

There's not really a "KVM service" as such.  It is a part of the
kernel is only used when you start a KVM guest.

In any case as it looks like you have VirtualBox running, my advice
would be to delete the /dev/kvm file, and try running
libguestfs-test-tool and/or virt-resize again.

  sudo rm /dev/kvm

Rich.