[Libguestfs] RFC: copy-attributes command

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 17:47:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 05:41:30PM +0100, Pino Toscano wrote:
> At least in the gnu/stubs-$bits.h of RHEL 5 they are not declared as
> __stub_*, so they should be implemented (and being Linux, it means that
> most probably there are the right syscalls for them).
> So I would not think the change proposed below (and implemented) would
> cause regressions in such old Linux systems.
>
> > We don't care about RHEL 5 since it
> > now has its own branch ("oldlinux"), so the code might be made simpler
> > by an accompanying patch which reduces all of the HAVE_*XATTR* macros
> > down to a single one (HAVE_LINUX_XATTRS).
>
> Sounds reasonable; attached a patch for it.

Looks OK, ACK.

It's hard to test these kind of patches on platforms where some
library is missing.  For example, I sometimes recompile libguestfs
without libvirt-devel present, and that (sometimes) shows up errors.
For this reason I added the ./configure --without-libvirt option to
make that easier to test, but I certainly don't want to add --without
flags for everything, nor do I want to try every combination :-(

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW