[Libguestfs] hivex -- time for 1.3.9?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 13:45:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 09:31:05PM +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> * Richard W.M. Jones:
>
> > ACK, same as this libguestfs fix:
>
> It looks like I might be able to ship the Debian package for the next
> version without any specific patches. Hooray!
>
> I believe that I have pushed all the changes that I needed in the hivex
> library itself. How about doing another release?

hivex 1.3.9 has been released now:

  http://libguestfs.org/download/hivex/

BTW there is a regression (or maybe not) in the extra test suite.

I added this fix:

  http://git.annexia.org/?p=hivex-test-data.git;a=commitdiff;h=d1b6c9d294287642d035f3a7fb20081865962086

(which doesn't make any sense if you view it in the git web UI, you
have to actually look at the encoding in a terminal).  However now I
would need to revert that commit to make the test suite pass.

It looks as if hivexregedit isn't writing UTF-8 encoded strings for
names.  However I do not know what (real) REGEDIT writes, or what the
correct thing to do here is.

Rich.