[Libguestfs] virt-builder & virt-sysprep: Avoiding SELinux relabelling

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 18:40:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 01:31:05PM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > This could be because the kernel of the libguestfs appliance doesn't
> > match the kernel of the guest.
>
> We also encounter such problems when re-labelling images not
> matching the dom0 kernel distribution, and just accept the
> relabel delay (slow and linear) and second boot (boots are
> fast) -- but I had hoped you had a solution ;)

Ah well, we do now :-)

The trick is to boot the SELinux guest once, using the magic
'qemu -no-reboot' option -- which will ensure when it tries to reboot
itself after relabelling, it instead shuts down.  Full instructions
here:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/20a4bfde9628cfeb8bea441cab7dcc94843b34e3

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v