[Libguestfs] working with mount-local

Pino Toscano ptoscano at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 16:30:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 July 2014 15:33:12 Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi. I'm try to use guestfish inside golang (extract some files from
> image and create squashfs from root).
> Now i can't understand how can i work with
> mount-local/mount-local-run. Where i can specify what partition i'm
> export to local? Does i need firstly mount /dev/sda1 to / for example
> and after that run
> mount-local /tmp/xxx ?

Yes, you need at least something mounted to / (so /dev/sda1 in your
example) before calling mount-local. mount-local needs a root filesystem
mounted and it will always fail without it (in libguestfs 1.26 the error
message is clear in such cases).

> Second - i'm work with guestfish via writing to stdin and getting
> result from stdout. In case of mount-local-run does i need fully fork
> new binary or i can only dup stdin descriptor and work with it?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here -- can you please
provide an actual case of what you want to do?

--
Pino Toscano