[Libguestfs] working with mount-local

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 16:59:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 03:33:12PM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi. I'm try to use guestfish inside golang (extract some files from
> image and create squashfs from root).
> Now i can't understand how can i work with mount-local/mount-local-run.
> Where i can specify what partition i'm export to local? Does i need
> firstly mount /dev/sda1 to / for example and after that run
> mount-local /tmp/xxx ?

Have a look at this example:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/examples/mount-local.c

As Pino says, it exports the root directory from the "libguestfs API space".

> Second - i'm work with guestfish via writing to stdin and getting
> result from stdout. In case of mount-local-run does i need fully fork
> new binary or i can only dup stdin descriptor and work with it?

Not sure I understand the question, but the guestfish mount-local-run
command will block guestfish until another process runs
'fusermount -u /mntpoint' (or better, 'guestunmount /mntpoint').

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW