[Libguestfs] supermin: how can I avoid downloading packages everytime when run make

Hu Tao hutao at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 16 01:41:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 12:55:09PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 10:29:44AM +0800, Hu Tao wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run make in libguestfs directory, supermin tries to redownload
> > all packages it needs everytime. This is a blocker for me because:
>
> This shouldn't happen, and doesn't -- for me.  The dependencies are
> carefully set up so the appliance doesn't get rebuilt each time you do
> make.

I can't reproduce the problem now, maybe I did something before make but I
forgot.

What I can reproduce is if the download is not completed, next time when
run make, supermin will download packages from the beginning. But once
the download is completed, another make won't cause supermin downloading
packages.

Regards,
Hu