[Libguestfs] libguestfs supermin error

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 14:28:03 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 08:36:36PM +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
> qemu: fatal: This KVM version does not support PAPR

I don't think I sent a reply to this email before, however the error
above is obviously the problem.  The solution is less obvious ...

Here is the code.  It seems to be checking a kernel capability which
is missing on your (host) kernel:

void kvmppc_set_papr(PowerPCCPU *cpu)
{
    CPUState *cs = CPU(cpu);
    int ret;

    ret = kvm_vcpu_enable_cap(cs, KVM_CAP_PPC_PAPR, 0);
    if (ret) {
        cpu_abort(cs, "This KVM version does not support PAPR\n");
    }

    /* Update the capability flag so we sync the right information
     * with kvm */
    cap_papr = 1;
}

I suggest asking on one of the qemu mailing lists.

Rich.