[Libguestfs] About Guest running Tiny Core Linux

Arup Raton Roy roy.arup at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:03:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using Tiny Core Linux for the guests running on KVM. Is it possible to
use libguestsfs tools for this kind of VMs? For example, VM_TC (the name of
the VM provided in libvirt) uses a qcow2 disk image. This disk image is
created from iso file of Tiny Core Linux using qemu-img utility. My host is
ubuntu 12.04. I have tried to use virt-ls tool but could not succeed and is
receiving the following error. Your help in this regard is highly
appreciated.

virt-ls -d VM_TC /
virt-ls: no operating system was found on this disk

If using guestfish '-i' option, remove this option and instead
use the commands 'run' followed by 'list-filesystems'.
You can then mount filesystems you want by hand using the
'mount' or 'mount-ro' command.

If using guestmount '-i', remove this option and choose the
filesystem(s) you want to see by manually adding '-m' option(s).
Use 'virt-filesystems' to see what filesystems are available.

If using other virt tools, this disk image won't work
with these tools.  Use the guestfish equivalent commands
(see the virt tool manual page).

Regards

Arup Raton Roy
Graduate Student
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada