[Libguestfs] make install of ocaml libs fails

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Oct 16 09:09:08 UTC 2014

Today I did it, for the very first time:
Did not build a package. Just ran "make install". Twice!

ocamlfind install \
  -ldconf ignore -destdir /usr/lib64/ocaml \
  guestfs \
  META *.so *.a *.cma *.cmi ./*.mli *.cmx *.cmxa
ocamlfind: Package guestfs is already installed
 - (file /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs/META already exists)
Makefile:2053: recipe for target 'install-data-hook' failed
make[3]: *** [install-data-hook] Error 2

I wonder if that is failing just for my version of ocamlfind or if this
is a common failure. How do you guys handle that situation?

Olaf