[Libguestfs] IRC question: virt-p2v-make-disk hanging

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jun 25 21:19:40 UTC 2017

10:16 < netman1> Hi All. First timer. Running "sudo virt-p2v-make-disk -o image.dd debian-8" where the image is a zeroed out disk file of
                 16GB. Let is run for over 12 hours, still nothing. It has the deb8 cached. Still waiting on "[  14.1] Opening the new
                 disk". What am I doing wrong/could be the cause?
11:02 < netman1> Hum. Running it in DEBUG and TRACE mode (as root as it wants to read my current kernel file /boot/vm*), gets it to complain
                 about "RTNETLINK answers: File exists /sbin/dhclient-script: 34: /sbin/dhclient-script: cannot open /etc/fstab: No such
                 file"

I believe this is the following Ubuntu bug:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libguestfs/+bug/1632405

Rich.