[Libguestfs] guestmount mounts gets corrupted somehow? [iscsi lvm guestmount windows filesystem rsync]

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Aug 1 11:33:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 12:56:53PM +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> # guestmount --ro -a /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk1a -a
> /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk2 -a /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk3 -a
> /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk4 -a /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk5 -a
> /dev/lvm1-vol/sr8-disk6 -m /dev/sdb2 /mnt/sr8-sdb2

Are these point in time snapshots of the disks?

> The backup started to get corrupted. My initial thought was that the
> lvm snapshot sizes was to small and was getting invalided.

It's not really clear what you mean by "get corrupted".  Do you mean
that rsync fails in some way?  The backup works but is later found to
be broken?  What's the actual error message?

> Help debugging please?

You should use guestmount -v -x to enable extra debugging.

See also:
http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#can-i-use-guestfish---ro-as-a-way-to-backup-my-virtual-machines

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v