[Libosinfo] [v3 2/3] Adapt windows-unattend.xml for Windows 8

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Feb 21 12:11:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:59:59PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>>
>> So that we can reuse the script template for Windows 8.
>
> Are you 100% sure all these changes are needed? The changelog doesn't
> give any details about why these changes are there, and reading
> http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ff715827.aspx I get the
> impression that win7/win8 support very similar scripts.

Yes, I indeed first tried the win7 script as is and that failed. I
slowly changed things one by one (looking at hints from random
websites) and after these changes, win8 express installation worked.

This patch was written and sent here more than a month ago and now I
don't really remember justification for each change (assuming that I
knew it even then). I'll have another look and see if i can put
something but 'making win8 express installation work without breaking
it for win7' is already a good enough argument to me.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124