[Libosinfo] [libosinfo 1/4] Add an optional 'is-snapshot' tag to OS entries

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 11:26:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 07:00:58PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 01:17:56AM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > It's silly, but I think it's worth using the tag name 'pre-release'
> > over 'is-snapshot', as I wouldn't be surprised if some day libosinfo
> > would have to differentiate between disk/image snapshot and
> > "official/clean" pre-release. (one could have various
> > personal/modified "snapshots of a particular pre-release", not the
> > other way around)
>
> GNOME continuous is not really a pre-release of anything. I don't really
> see disk snapshots showing up in libosinfo. What about <unreleased/> ?

Are you saying that 'GNOME continuous' doesn't actually ever have
formal releases ? If so, then I agree that we should have a way to
distinguish between OS which follow the "continuous deployment"
model vs those which are pre-releases. So how about names

  <is-pre-release/>
  <is-continuous-snapshot/>

Regards,
Daniel