[Libosinfo] Anyone watching the fedorahosted bug tracker?

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 20:26:42 UTC 2014

The libosinfo bug tracker seems to be entirely ignored, doesn't look like any
bug that's ever been filed has had a response:

https://fedorahosted.org/libosinfo/report/8

There's at least 3 patches in there as well.

I assume this is mostly due to trac being really easy to ignore, and default
assignee + cc list not setup. How do people feel about moving the bug tracker
to bugzilla.redhat.com product=Virtualization Tools, which is what libvirt*,
libguestfs, and virt-manager use.

If so the process would be:

- request the component with bugzilla-requests at redhat.com. they will need
default assignee and cc list at least.
- change libosinfo.org to point to the bugzilla instance rather than trac
- once that's done, transfer over all the trac bugs, though I suspect many of
them are obsolete.
- send a request to fedora infrastructure to disable the trac bug tracker for
https://fedorahosted.org/libosinfo/    (in fact, they can probably disable
this page entirely, it's redundant since there's already libosinfo.org)

Thoughts?

- Cole