Re: [Libvir] BUG: virDomainLookupByID fails after XenStore path discovery

I'm just not seeing it included in path returned by xs_get_domain_path(), only see /local/domain/<num>

For what it's worth, I was trying to put a patch together for this, but I kept getting memory corruption errors. I was trying to access the name through the xenstore as shown below...

    /* lookup is easier with the Xen store so try it first */
    if (conn->xshandle != NULL) {
        char *namepath = NULL;
        path = xs_get_domain_path(conn->xshandle, (unsigned int) id);
        namepath = strdup(path);
        strcat(namepath, "/name");
        name = xs_read(conn->xshandle, NULL, namepath, NULL);
        if (namepath) free(namepath);
    }

    /* fallback to xend API then */
    if (path == NULL) {
	...etc...

The memory corruption error is thrown by glibc at runtime. Ironically, I tried running it through valgrind and the error went away ;-) Anyway, perhaps this will lead someone to the right solution... Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to keep playing with it.

Cheers,
bryan

-
Bryan D. Payne
Graduate Student, Computer Science
Georgia Tech Information Security Center
http://www.bryanpayne.org