Re: [Libvir] Request for additional entry points

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:38:23AM -0400, Bret McMillan wrote:
> I think we're confusing the notion of what a passive domain is with what
> config files happen to be sitting on / exposed to the dom0 machine.  I
> could very easily look at having an rdbms store the info about the
> passive domain, hand that down to the dom0 via rpc, and directly call
> the createLinux call.  To me, that's still a passive domain, even though
> it's configs haven't touched disk yet.

  Yup, to me they are different level.

> I guess I'm also struggling to understand why you'd toss this into
> xenstore... it just seems this is a higher level concept that needs to
> be tracked in too specific a way by management systems.

  The reason it would be useful to save this in xenstore is to garantee
the same vision between different application managing that node (for example
a remote supervision tool and a local launcher used by the user). Otherwise
just keeping this information in libvirt own memory would be just fine,
I'm still unsure the need to synchronize is really there.