Re: [Libvir] Request for additional entry points

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:33:29PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
[...]
> What would you anticipate the scope of the domains defined with these
> APIs to be.  Would they be visible to only to the app defining them (ie
> just kept in process memory), shared between any locally running app
> using libvirt on the host, or shared between arbitrary apps connecting
> to the HV, even if connecting remotely ?

  initially the first at least for the implementation test period, then
probably the second because resiliency to restart and common view will
be needed. The third one I don't think I can technically implement it
without forcing xend to switch to a common format, and there is no way
I can suggest this will be reachable.

[...]
> There is nothing fundamentally wrong - *if* you are only aiming to support
> the needs of a simple local management tool.  In the broader case though it
> does not look to be effective because it:
[...]
> So I think my core question is - what are the client application uses cases
> & scenarios which these APIs are intended to serve.

  CIM providers primarily and similar local management tools or agents.