Re: [Libvir] Problems installing libvir

Karel Zak wrote:

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 05:02:16PM -0400, Subrahmanian, Raj wrote:
All,
I am trying to install libvir on my SUSE box.
The .configure command halts with the following message.
ibxml2   xml2-config  ... yes ('')
checking for initscr in -lcurses... no
configure: error: curses library not found
But, I have installed curses, and cdk.
linux:~/xen/libvirt-0.1.0 # whereis curses
curses: /usr/include/curses.h /usr/include/curses
What am I missing out here?

ncurses vs. curses ?

Yes, this is the problem. I hacked configure.in to look for ncurses but have not had time (or forgot) to submit a proper patch.

Maybe we should check for ncurses in the libvirt configure script.

yep. I will have to recall the proper way to look for both and submit patch, unless someone beats me to it.

Jim