[Libvir] xmldump doesn't work

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 09:37:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 10:39:41PM -0800, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running libvirt from CVS. I'm unable to get xmldump to work:
>
> o virsh dumpxml <domain-id> doesn't work. Neither does <domain-name>
> instead of domain-id. (Aside: the documentation at
> http://libvirt.org/format.html needs fixing -- virsh reports a dumpxml
> command, but no xmldump command)
>
> o I can't get an XML dump from the Python bindings either.
>
> Looking at the code, it seems the XML description is built using the
> sexpr output from xend. On my machine, "xm list -l <domain-id>" prints
> out the correct sexpr, so it seems Xend is working fine.

  Are you running a recent version of xen ? My guess is that you don't
have http enabled in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

localhost:~/libvirt/src -> grep http /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
# utilizes a bridged network configuration. Access to xend via http
(xend-http-server yes)
# Port xend should use for the HTTP interface, if xend-http-server is set.
# Address xend should listen on for HTTP connections, if xend-http-server is
localhost:~/libvirt/src ->

  Most of the operations are now carried though Xend HTTP interface.