[Libvir] ruby bindings

Fraser Campbell fraser at georgetown.wehave.net
Wed Jan 4 00:33:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

Is there any chance you are considering the addition of ruby bindings
for libvir?

I have been considering writing my own ruby wrappers around Xen's
lowlevel libraries but if libvir is a higher-level more stable API
perhaps it would make more sense for me to wrap around libvir.  If you
are not working on ruby bindings I will do so myself and eventually
provide patches.

Are you in a position to state yet whether libvir is likely to be
continually developed and a key part of the Fedora/RHEL virtualization?

I immediately see some missing functionality (migration), I assume the
eventual goal is to support all features of Xen and that it is just
missing because of the very young state of the project?

Thanks!