[Libvir] Re: support for hvm guests

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at novell.com
Wed Jun 28 16:59:20 UTC 2006

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Hi Jim,

[snip]
> Did you get any further dealing with this issue ? It'd be nice to get the
> support for HVM guests into libvirt in the near future, since I'm working
> on some higher level UI tools which could be improved with more detail
> about HVM guests. I could probably find time to do some coding on the patches
> if there are areas you've not currently got time to address yourself

I put this patch on the back burner given Anthony's response in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2006-May/msg00017.html

I recently considered continuing this work until we started the
discussions on Xen Management API :-).  To be honest, now I'm not sure
what to do.  I will be on vacation next week but probably have time to
finish this patch before leaving.  However this code will certainly be
thrown out at some point.  Guess the question is how far out is "some
point"?  Is it worth doing the xml -> sexp conversion and working around
some of the inconveniences in xend discussed earlier in this thread?  If
we think the current state of affairs will exist for several more months
then perhaps so.

Thoughts?

Jim