[Libvir] Questions about the future of libvirt

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 09:15:34 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 01:27:09AM +0100, David Anderson wrote:
> * Anthony Liguori <aliguori at us.ibm.com> [2006-03-02 18:05:58]:
>
> > I would think changing virConnectOpen(const char *) to
> > virConnectOpen(const char *host, int port) and have port default to
> > something sane if say 0 is specified would be nice.
>
> Okay. And when we start supporting other virtualization methods, we
> can rev that API to add a 'type' param.

  Hum, I would rather not change the API in the future. I really
expected the parameter to Open to be the type selector too.

> > I think virConnectOpenReadOnly should continue to fail if host != NULL.
> > There is no read-only TCP equivalent current (although I've been
> > thinking of adding this to Xend in the future).
>
> Okay.  Then, when xend has a way of locking a connection to read-only,
> we can change that.

  yeah there is a bit of things to tighten up in this area, but not
just in libvirt :-)

  In a conference ATM, I will have a bit more time starting tomorrow
to work on the issues raised.