Re: [Libvir] suspend/resume == pause/unpause?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:17:06AM -0800, Diwaker Gupta wrote:
'xm' uses pause/unpause. libvirt uses suspend/resume. It seems they
are the same. IMHO this should be made explicit in the documentation
(I'm looking at the python help for libvirt).

  Take any OS book, you will see suspend/resume defined. Ask a laptop
user what it means to suspend and resume, it's understood.
I completely agree that the verbage in xm is bad here.

It makes me wonder if the appropriate terms for pause/unpause and save/restore is really suspend/hibernate.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori
 My goal is
not to copy Xen API and make it LGPL, my goal is to make a simpler API
that more people can use. And IMHO the description are quite precise,
I expect only a small fraction of the potential libxvirt users to
actually have gone though Xen API 'descriptions'.

  http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainSuspend
  "Suspends an active domain, the process is frozen without further
   access to CPU resources and I/O but the memory used by the domain
   at the hypervisor level will stay allocated. Use virDomainResume()
   to reactivate the domain."
If you think it's ambiguous I take documentation patches !