Re: [Libvir] Server move [ Re: Wiki? ]

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:04:16AM +0100, David Anderson wrote:
> * Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> [2006-03-10 18:47:06]:
> > I still don't know how hg works, and never used git.  I don't know
> > how to administer them, and I can be a control freak at times ;-)
>
> I'll just chip in here very quickly. I don't really care which VC you
> choose, if you ever decide to change, but if you go with Subversion, I
> can offer help and advice setting it up and converting the cvs
> repository.

> Okay, so I do prefer Subversion over the others, but being a
> Subversion developer makes me biased :-)

  Okay, noted :-)
I will have to switch to SVN for my other projects in the GNOME base
soonish too (though honnestly I wonder what's the big advantage ;-)

Anyway, to me the process and the result are way more important than
the tools to get there. I'm also slightly biased toward CVS/SVN because
I prefer people to commit or send patches early and often than developping
big branches independantly. It's not like libvirt code size should ever
grow very large and be spanned between hundred of contributors, we shouldn't
need a causal-tracking versionning system. Send the patches instead ;-)