Re: [Libvir] Patch for pkg-config file cflags

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 10:09:37PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The libvirt.pc.in file has an empty field for the cflags variable, so
> if you install libvirt into any prefix which is not in the compiler's
> default include file search path the header files won't be found when
> compiling applications. Attching a patch which corrects the pkg-config
> file for libvirt
[...]
> -Cflags:
> +Cflags: -I${includedir}

  Hummm, true, that's a problem. But this patch leads to adding
-I/usr/include to the PATH used when compiling on a normal setup where
libvirt is installed with the system in the /usr prefix. I think this
is not a good idea in general so that need to be avoided in that case.
I'm not sure if pkgconfig is smart enough to strip it out or if this
should be done at genration time, i.e. in configure.
  Okay I checked and pkg-config removes it on the fly, so patch applied,

   thanks !