[Libvir] BUG: virDomainLookupByID fails in libvirt-0.1.0

Michel Gauthier Michel.Gauthier at bull.net
Thu May 4 16:23:18 UTC 2006

Hi,
I tried to execute the info1 C code example on my redhat distribution with
Xen installed.
It fails due to the virDomainLookupByID API wich returns NULL.
The problem seems to be in the internal function xenDaemonListDomains called
after xs_get_domain_path inside the API.
For the domain 0, xs_get_domain_path returns path=/local/domain/0. Then, the
call to xenDaemonListDomains function logs the error message:
"libvir: Xen Daemon error : could not connect to Xen Daemon"
and returns names=NULL.
A bug present in the release 0.0.6 has been fixed for the release 0.1.0. But
this bug seems still present!

Regards.