[Libvir] A 'mock' driver enabling application unit testing

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed May 31 07:48:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 06:43:24PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Aside from making it expect a URI style name, the one change I need to make
> is change the internal storage to dynamically allocate the data structures.
> Currently it just has a huge statically allocating struct, which wastes 32k
> of memory even if your not using the test driver.

  Okay, but that should not require even internal API changes isn't it ?
Another interesting extension would be to use the test driver to increase
the existing set of regression tests, this should help the coverage of the
common code (i.e. driver independant), and since it makes the run more or
less standalone, valgrind regression testing should become easier too.