[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Libvir] Conflict between libvirt 0.1.8 and Xen 3.0.3



On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 04:10:56PM +0100, Philippe Berthault wrote:
> There is a conflit between libvirt 0.1.8 and the latest release 3.0.3 of 
> Xen. With Xen 3.0.3 release, the virsh vcpuinfo command (or 
> virDomainGetVcpus API) always returns the 0 as physical CPU used by any 
> vCPU.

[snip]

> The same libvirt release 0.1.8 used with an older release of Xen gives a 
> correct result.

I've just tested & can confirm same behaviour is happening for me - physical
CPU is always zero.

> I currently investigate the problem but perhaps anyone has an idea of 
> the origin of this problem.

Upstream development completely broke all the Dom0 hypercalls just
prior to Xen 3.0.3, so we had to re-write large chunks of this code
in libvirt to be able to work with 3.0.3 (and still maintain compatability
with older 3.0.2 & 3.0.1). I guess we got the VCPU bit slightly wrong
when running on 3.0.3 hypervisor.

Regards,
Dan.
-- 
|=- Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston.  +1 978 392 2496 -=|
|=-           Perl modules: http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/              -=|
|=-               Projects: http://freshmeat.net/~danielpb/               -=|
|=-  GnuPG: 7D3B9505   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505  -=| 


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]