Re: [Libvir] Request and proposition about hardware capabilities in virNodeInfo

Thanks a lot for your response about virtinst library. The information we need (hvm or not) is in the /sys/hypervisor/properties/capabilites file.

As you say "If we start adding hardware info to libvirt, where do we draw the line ?". We are agree with this question. It wasn't a good idea to introduce in libvirt some APIs related to the hardware. So you can drop the request.

Daniel P. Berrange a écrit :
If we start adding hardware info to libvirt, where do we draw the line ?

In summary, I'm not at all sure where this info should live, so for now
I'm avoiding the issue by having a helper library which has these functions

http://hg.et.redhat.com/virt/applications/virtinst--devel

Dan.