[Libvir] Problem with hypercall

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at novell.com
Wed Sep 13 18:55:01 UTC 2006

Stumbled across a problem trying to list domains with libvirt-0.1.5.
Using virsh I get errors such as

xen81:/tests/jim # virsh list
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
  0 Domain-0             running
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: No such domain 16

xm shows

xen81:/tests/jim # xm list
Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0     2048     4 r----- 815825.8
vm1                                1      512     2 -b----     0.3

I found that the buffer provided for XEN_V1_OP_GETDOMAININFOLIST
hypercall differs slightly from the buffer in xen/dom0_ops.h.

Attached is a patch against current cvs that works for me, but I'm not
familiar with this part of the code so not sure if this is the proper fix.

I'm using xen 3.0.2 that shipped with SLES10.

Regards,
Jim