Re: [Libvir] problem with virConnectClose in libvirt 0.1.5

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 05:50:59PM +0200, Philippe Berthault wrote:
> After closing libvirt with virConnectClose, it's possible to open
> libvirt again in the same program with virConnectOpen but following
> operations on domains systematically fail.

  Okay, I found it ... You could get this only if connecting though
the xend http interface and as non-root (i.e. not using the proxy),
basically xenDaemonGetVersion() was used to test the connection
when trying to reach the daemon, unfortunately it cached the version
value in a global variable, which means on reconnection it would go
ahead using a connection method believeing it worked while it didn't.
I just removed caching in xenDaemonGetVersion(), it's wrong anyway
at best this should be cached on the driver, certainly not global.

  Fixed in CVS, thanks !