[Libvir] Remote & the problem with qemu deadlock

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 15:33:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Can we recognize that the connection is on localhost and just serve
> the request directly and synchronously instead ?

Yes you can.  In real terms what this would mean is that all the
functions in qemu_internal.c are changed so that they become:

static int qemuDestroyDomain(virDomainPtr domain) {
     qemud_packet_client req;
     qemud_packet_server reply;
     qemuPrivatePtr priv = (qemuPrivatePtr) domain->conn->privateData;

     req.data.type = QEMUD_CLIENT_PKT_DOMAIN_DESTROY;
     req.data.qemud_packet_client_data_u.domainDestroyRequest.id =
domain->id;

#if QEMU_INTERNAL_IS_REALLY_LINKED_TO_THE_SERVER
     /* some code to get the fake server & client, and then: */
     qemudDispatchDomainDestroy (server, client, req, rep);
     /* followed by some code to decode the fake "reply packet" */
#else /* existing code: */
     if (qemuProcessRequest(domain->conn, priv->qemud_fd, NULL, &req,
&reply) < 0) {
         return -1;
     }

     return 0;
#endif
}

So it can be done but qemu_internal is sure going to look ugly afterwards.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421

Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David
Owens (Ireland)