[Libvir] plans to support vde_switch ?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 12:54:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 14:14 +0200, adrian.lambeck at basicsedv.de wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am working on a project where I found vde_switch
> (http://vde.sourceforge.net/) very useful. It is based on uml_switch
> from the UML project. Are there any plans to support it in libvirt?

	We have talked about using VDE to implement various features in our
virtual networks support:

  http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/virtual-networking.html

	Some of thinking in that writeup has changed - e.g. we prefer to use a
kernel space bridge where we can like in example (2) - but there are
still places where VDE might be useful e.g. to create an isolated bridge
for an unprivileged user or to bridge networks on two different host
machines.

Cheers,
Mark.