Re: [Libvir] Stability of virsh / libvirt interfaces

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 12:02:11PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   I will apply the same strategy as for libxml2/xmllint as this worked
> well for quite a few years:

[snip]

OK, that sounds fine, I just wanted a clear statement of where the
project's at.

> > (I ask after noticing that virsh schedinfo can be used to *set*
> > parameters!)
>
> It's kind of an API extensions, i.e. adding set to an existing get
> as long as I don't see how this could break, adding stuff should not be a
> problem. What's the problem, if you're used only to read you pass only
> 2 arguments. To set you need more argument, somehow it's a new API
> (from a textual API perspective).

I really meant that it's very odd that something called 'info' can set
stuff, and it would have been nice to fix that, though of course we
can't now.

thanks,
john