[Libvir] Libvirt with Gentoo and Udev

Stefan Bottelier stefan at sharper.nl
Wed Aug 22 09:57:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have the follow problem with libvirt and Gentoo.

I will be use virt-manager for my xen server on my Gentoo machine, zo i
have libvirt afcors to use.

virt-manager are in the portage of Gentoo.

When i start libvirt i get the follow message.

libvir: QEMU error : failed to set bridge STP to on
Failed to autostart network 'default': failed to set bridge STP to on

So i watch in my /var/log/messages for the error.
I see the follow

Aug 20 17:51:04 localhost udev-net.sh: /etc/init.d/net.vnet0: does not
exist or is not executable

So i create the vnet0 bridge interface in gentoo.
Then i will restart libvirt.

I see in /var/log/messages the follow error

rc-scripts: We only hotplug for ethernet interfaces

if its possibale to run udev and gentoo with libvirt?  Or is zombie the
can help me with this problem of if this working on Gentoo ?

Thanks ,
Stefan

P.s the option of /etc/init.d/net.vnet0  start --verbose will not be
working,
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-577325.html