[Libvir] libvirt on Windows

I am trying to talk to a 4.0.1 Xen Hypervisor (not Xen underneath a Linux Distro)  (via Python) from a Windows box.
(Am able to successfully connect and communicate using the Xen API Python bindings).
Looks like at the very least I need to build libvirtmon.la from the c sources.
Am I just dealing with "beginneritis", or trying to do something (run from Windows) that
hasn't been done before?

thanks

ronald