Re: [Libvir] Preliminary packages for libvirt on Debian

Hello Richard,

On Nov 13, 2007 8:04 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
> These are preliminary packages for libvirt 0.3.3 on Debian.  The libvirt
> package is derived from the one in Ubuntu, originally packaged by Andrew
> Mitchell.

Very nice! The libvirt is in debian sid/unstable repository, but it is
without xen support yet. I'm helping Guido with libvirt debian package
and we are working to correct it. It's necessary to include your patch
at #402249 to continue working in package. I've tested your patch and
it is working fine.

> Unfortunately a patch is needed to the base Xen package in Debian, so
> that it includes the header files needed by libvirt.  Doubly
> unfortunately because of the strange way that Xen is packaged in Debian
> it isn't possible to modify the changelog (therefore the version or
> release number) without some voodoo which I don't understand[1].  So the

You can install devscripts package and use the /usr/bin/dch to do it.

Regards,

--
Marco Sinhoreli