Re: [Libvir] 7/22 no uid_t / getuid

Jim Meyering wrote:
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones redhat com> wrote:
There is no uid_t or getuid in MinGW.

I'm not really sure that forcing connections readonly if the user is
non-root is a useful thing to be doing anyway, so perhaps this code is
better off just being deleted?

For the missing uid_t, you could add this to configure.in
AC_CHECK_TYPE(mode_t, int)
then no need for ifndef around the decl of "uid".

autoconf docs seem to suggest that this usage is deprecated:

<quote>
 -- Macro: AC_CHECK_TYPE (TYPE, DEFAULT)
     Autoconf, up to 2.13, used to provide this version of
     `AC_CHECK_TYPE', deprecated because of its flaws.  First, although
     it is a member of the `CHECK' clan, it does more than just
     checking.  Secondly, missing types are defined using `#define',
     not `typedef', and this can lead to problems in the case of
     pointer types.
</quote>

With this function (and a test for getuid in configure.in),
(or maybe that should be "return 0"?)

#ifndef HAVE_GETUID
static int getuid() { return 1; }
#endif /* __MINGW32__ */

you could avoid the remaining ifdefs.

Better just to check for getuid?

Having said that I still think it'd be better just to delete this code because forcing non-root Xen connections to be readonly doesn't seem very useful to me.

Rich.