Re: [Libvir] 14/22 No uname function

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:34:56AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Windows doesn't have uname or <sys/utsname.h>.

We can't get the model info without more delving into the Win32 API. This just disables the functionality temporarily, but a proper fix will be to find out how to do this under Windows.

+1 , but raises a question to me, we don't really expect to use libvirt
to drive virtualization on Windows but just for remote access, right ?
In that case the Node in question can only be remote and not having an
implementation is just fine.

This is true. Even the test driver (the only non-remote driver on Windows) wouldn't use it.

However I guess that qemu could work on Windows and then this code could become active ... if someone was sufficiently motivated in future to enable qemu support.

Rich.