Re: [Libvir] Documentation on the xml format

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
I am looking for documentation on the xml-format for virtlib. The
information on the website is handy but not nearly complete enough. I am
looking for documentation that will tell me what options are available
to use in the xml and what things will be done automatically by the
libraries. If I thus leave out the uuid will it create it automatically?
etc.

Unfortunately this level of detail is only in the source, and usually depends on the backend (Xen/QEMU/whatever).

If you'd like to help document these sorts of issues, then we'd welcome patches. The source for this page is in libvirt CVS doc/ directory.

http://libvirt.org/format.html

Rich.