Re: [Libvir] Patch: include <locale.h> for setlocale

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
Incidentally this reminds me that the handling of
CFLAGS in configure.ac is fubar - we're hardcoding the compiler flags
including optimization level. So in the RPM builds we're forcing it
to -O instead of honouring the $RPM_BUILD_OPTS which would normally
turned on -O2, as well as the fortify source related security checks.

Yes it's totally wrong. At the moment if the user tries to override the CFLAGS on the configure command line, the user's preferences are ignored. The way to do this properly is to set AM_CFLAGS in all of the Makefile.am files.

See: http://olympus.het.brown.edu/cgi-bin/info2www?(automake-1.9)Flag+Variables+Ordering
(or http://tinyurl.com/32ev2k)

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421