Re: [Libvir] Question about libvirt integration into RHEL-5

Daniel Veillard a écrit :
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:27:52AM +0100, Philippe Berthault wrote:
Daniel Veillard a écrit :
it is 0.1.8 but with 12 patches which are backport of later bug fixes or important features like localization, shareable disk support, core dump support,
etc ...
 I guess it's closer to 0.1.9 as a result than 0.1.8,
Hum ! :-(
Currently, the version of libvirt determines its unequivocal contents. With a patched version of libvirt, it becomes impossible in an application to known the functionalities level of libvirt if the version number is identical to a non-patched libvirt.

Could you explain how it's possible from an application to distinguish between a patched libvirt and a non-patched libvirt or another patched version of libvirt by using the virGetVersion() function ?

  Can explain your problem instead ?
What is the feature or behaviour you need to detect ?
We have to know if the Attach/Detach devices functions will be in the libvirt library of RHEL-5 RC1 and also if some enhancements of the XML format will be present such as currentMemory, ...