Re: [Libvir] Next features and target for development

Till Maas wrote:
On Di Juli 10 2007, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Now is a good time to suggest new potential directions, and I certainly
forgot some obvious points, so what did I missed ?

What I am missing in open source virtualization solutions is the possibility to make snapshots in a tree structure and to freely jump from one state to another. VMWare workstation provides this feature. And in addition it would be nice to clone a virtual machine from a snapshot, i.e. select a snapshot and start a new instance starting from that state.

I'm interested to know how VirtualBox / VMWare deal with disk storage. Do they provide their own storage subsystems which support this or do they interact with things like LVM?

Rich.